Allendale Farm Celebrates 220 Years - June 25-26, 2016, Clarksville, TN
William Bailey Allen Sr., 94 years young, is looking forward to celebrating 220 years since his great-great grandfather and Patriot Ancestor, Militia Capt. Abraham Allen, settled Allendale Farm in 1796.
Weekend Plans Include:
- Saturday, June 25, 10 am until ?: Red Top BBQ catered "dinner on the grounds" served at noon. Adults $15 and children 12 and under are $8. Tours of the log & brick (National Register) homes, SAR Color Guard, Allen group photo (brick house), family history display, swimming for kids, lawn games, and surprises all day. There will be wheelchair access to both houses.
- Sunday, June 26, 10am until ?: Brunch ($5 per person) at the log house followed by a farm/cemetery tour and a family group photo. Cousin Cleo Hogan, a Clarksville attorney and dedicated researcher of the Allen. Blackwood, & Hogan families, will speak about the early years in Orange Co. N.C. and Montgomery Co. Tn. Patriarchs, Wm Bailey Allen (94) & Joe Winn (96) will be on hand to share a tall tale or two!
Hope to see you and yours in June!
Contact: Amelia Allen Hartz, 931-648-8988, 2401 Allen-Griffey Rd., Clarksville, TN 37042
Have a reunion to announce? Let us know.
We hope these links will help in searching for your ancestors.
Holdings at the Tennessee State Library and Archives
County Website/Facebook Resources and Contacts
Other Sites of Interest to Genealogists
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society of Nashville
- East Tennessee Historical Society
- Midwest Tennessee Genealogical Society
- Tennessee Genealogical Society
- Tennessee Historical Society
- Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS)
- National Genealogical Society (NGS)
- Cyndi's List
- Library of Congress
- National Archives and Record Administration
- North Carolina Office of Archives and History
- Ancestry Obituary Search
- Ancestry Vital Records Search
- MAPCON Genealogy Resources Online