The Middle Tennessee Journal of Genealogy & History is our award-winning quarterly, with articles of genealogical and historical interest. The Journal is mailed to all MTGS members in good standing and is included in the MTGS membership fee. Little-known Tennessee records are published and indexed, along with family genealogies, Bible records and material submitted by members. Book reviews are published January, April, July and October.
Indexes to Articles Printed in The Middle Tennessee Journal of Genealogy & History, 1988 - 2016
The above links represent a listing of all articles printed in our award winning Journal through 2016. Some of the article titles have been rearranged slightly for easy researching. First priority has been given to surnames by placing them at the beginning of the title; second in priority is county names. Census and series articles follow.
Indexes to The Middle Tennessee Journal of Genealogy & History, 1988 - 2016
The links below contain indexes to the Journal issues from 1988 to 2016, prepared by MTGS volunteers.
- Index to Volume II (1988-1989)
- Index to Volume III (1989-1990)
- Index to Volume IV (1990-1991)
- Index to Volume V (1991-1992)
- Index to Volume VI (1992-1993)
- Index to Volume VII (1993-1994)
- Index to Volume VIII (1994-1995)
- Index to Volume IX (1995-1996)
- Index to Volume X (1996-1997)
- Index to Volume XI (1997-1998)
- Index to Volume XII (1998-1999)
- Index to Volume XIII (1999-2000)
- Index to Volume XIV (2000-2001)
- Index to Volume XV (2001-2002)
- Index to Volume XVI (2002-2003)
- Index to Volume XVII (2003-2004)
- Index to Volume XVIII (2004-2005)
- Index to Volume XIX (2005-2006)
- Index to Volume XX (2006-2007)
- Index to Volume XXI (2007-2008)
- Index to Volume XXII (2008-2009)
- Index to Volume XXIII (2009-2010)
- Index to Volume XXIV (2010-2011)
- Index to Volume XXV (2011-2012)
- Index to Volume XXVI (2012-2013)
- Index to Volume XXVII (2013-2014)
- Index to Volume XXVIII (2014-2015)
- Index to Volume XXIX (2015-2016)
Ways To Order Back Issues of the Journal
You can order back issues of the MTGS Journal in a variety of ways:
- Twenty Years of Journals on CD,
1987-2007, in PDF format, via PayPal
($28.50 PayPal price includes shipping)
- Twenty Years of Journals on CD, 1987-2007, in PDF format, via check using our Order Form
- Full sets or individual paper issues, 1987-present, via check using our Order Form
- Full sets or individual paper issues (1987-present), or the Journal CD (1987-2007) via PayPal invoice. Send us an email listing the items you're interested in and we will create a custom invoice and send it to you from PayPal.
We hope this will help our members in researching their ancestors! If you cannot locate your copy of our Journal, you can order another at this page. You will need to note the Vol. No. AND Issue No. while you are perusing our pages.
MTGS Journal Policy and Information
Members of the Society are encouragaed to submit unpublished primary source material of Middle Tennessee genealogical and historical importance to be considered for inclusion in the Journal. Data can be in the form of transcribed records, "how-to" articles of broad interest, or historical facts. Family histories that are well documented and pertain to the region will also be considered. Photographs and other illustrations can accompany the article and are encouraged. Sources used should be cited in the submitted material. References or footnotes should be in the form of end notes and placed at the end of the articles. Material should be limited to a published length of approximately five typeset pages.
Materials should be submitted electronically, and most file formats can be accommodated. Original documents should be transcribed by the submitter. Include your name, address, and phone number or e-mail address on the manuscript. The right to edit material for presentation, grammar, length and form is reserved by the Editor, and all material submitted becomes the property of the Society.
Citations are a necessary part of each submitted article. The Journal follows the citation formats of Chicago Manual of Style and Evidence! Citation & Analysis for the Family Historian, by Elizabeth Shown Mills (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1997).
Journal Submissions: Journal articles are to be sent directly to Charles Sherrill, Editor, 914 Sunny Hill Rd., Brentwood, TN 37027, or via e-mail to email@example.com. It is important that the instructions contained herein are read prior to submitting an article. Do not submit Journal submissions to the MTGS post office box address.
It is the submitter's responsibility to secure permission from any person or company who may own the original record or publication rights. The Society or Editor cannot assume responsibility for errors of fact or infringement of copyrights by contributors. The opinions expressed in the Journal are of the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Society or the editorial staff.
Queries: Submit queries to: MTGS Queries, P. O. Box 59085, Nashville, TN 37205-9085. Be short and concise. Capitalize, underline or highlight each surname used. Make sure your name and complete address are shown on the query sheet. Queries will be included in order of receipt as space permits.
Book Reviews: Books should be sent directly to Mrs. Shirley Wilson, Book Review Editor, 106 Leeward Point, Hendersonville, TN 37075. All material becomes property of the review editor to be distributed as appropriate.
Dues Payment, Back Issue Orders, Change of Address or Questions: Address all to MTGS, P. O. Box 59085, Nashville, TN 37205-9085. Do not send Journal submissions to the post office box.